Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waiting

So I was thinking today, I do a lot of waiting. You can't go a day without waiting! There are different types of waiting. Good waiting and bad waiting. When I think about waiting the first thing I think of is waiting at the doctors office or in line at Publix! I'm not even going to mention the waiting in line at Wal-Mart, how are there 30 check out lanes and only 2 are open? These are examples of bad waiting. Oh and of course waiting at a red light on 436 for about 3-5 minutes.

Good waiting is also like anticipation. For example, my boyfriend Jacob travels for his job, as soon as he leaves to be on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time I find myself waiting for him to get back. Waiting in a way can be comforting. You know what the outcome will be, just wait for it.  Good waiting is enjoying the moments leading up to the big amazing moment you have been WAITING for! Good waiting is about enjoying the road leading to your destination! Another example of good waiting is, waiting for the birth of a child. I'm waiting for next month when my niece is born. My sister is waiting 9 months for that moment when she brings a child into this world! Waiting for that heartfelt moment!

Waiting is not an option. It's something you have to do. Like it or not, good or bad. You may be waiting for good news, waiting on your friend who is always late, waiting for your flight, waiting on dinner at your favorite restaurant, waiting on your hair straightener to heat up or waiting on your boyfriend to propose *aaahhem! cough cough!* You may be waiting for a long time or a blink of an eye. But please, do yourself a favor and don't be impatient, it's not worth the aggravation. What is meant to happen will happen if you just, wait!

6 comments:

  1. this is so true the anticipation of a good wait is better than the anticipation of a bad wait. and at the end of it all we all wait for something. Especially life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate waiting. I have to learn to be more patient. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you could of not said this any better! Every bit is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true! Congrats on becoming an auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand the waiting thing! I feel like I've been waiting for everything all my life! I've been waiting for a good man. All I've gotten are losers. I've been waiting for a good job. Still have had the same one for almost 6 years. I am now waiting again! Waiting to see if I get approved for a new apartment. Waiting is just a part of life I guess. You wait and wait and wait some more and hope the waiting was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it will pay off one day and you will see it's worth the wait. patience is a virtue

    ReplyDelete